About the Challenge
Grab the opportunity to present your innovative idea on an international platform at WACEE’19. WACEE Challenge invites all startups, NGOs, schools and companies within the West African sub-region to submit their ideas under the following areas of interest
Clean Energy and Energy Efficiency
Innovative Packaging and Circular Economy.
Clean Drinking Water and Sanitation.
The WACEE Challenge Process
The selection of the WACEE challenge 2019 will be done in 2 phases. In phase 1, participants will submit a one-page summary and a short video (2 minutes maximum) clearly defining the problem(s) and proposing groundbreaking solutions.
Selected finalists will present a more detailed concept in phase 2 and pitch their proposed solution to a panel of judges. Each presentation will be followed by a brief Q&A session with the jury. The judges will select the winners who will be invited to attend WACEE’19, receive a stand for free and present their business model on stage to the visitors.
Who can participate?
• WACEE Challenge is open to startups, NGOs, schools and companies in West Africa
• Participants must be less than 5 years old in operation at the time of submission of the idea
• Individuals who are interested in participating in the WACEE’19 challenge should be at least 18 years old
We invite ideas that are ambitious, impactful and able to have measurable impacts. Your submission should contain:
• A description of the problem and geographical area
• A presentation of the solution you have come up with to resolve above-mentioned problems
• An overview of activities such as what will be done, what won’t be done, and what the result will look like
For more information on participation & sponsorship, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org